We support community based renewable energy co-operatives at every stage of their development:
- guiding them through the legal process of setting up a co-operative
- advising them on their dealings with state agencies, the SEAI, local councils, the Departments of Environment and of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
- introducing them to our EU-wide network of co-operatives where they can learn from best practice examples
- helping them communicate their message locally and nationally.
What services can we offer your community group?
We will assist you in your establishment as a legal co-op and provide you with the following services:
- Information on the legal requirements and benefits of creating a co-op.
- Co-op support from ICOS: National oversight body of Co-operatives in Ireland: over 100 years of experience and 150 member co-ops
- Membership of RESCOOP: the Europe-wide association of renewable energy co-ops
- Access to relevant information concerning grants from organisations such as Enterprise Ireland and SEAI.
- Access to a rapidly growing network of renewable energy co-operatives.
- Help with to deal with local and national level policy makers.
- Advice on the renewable energy technologies best suited to your projects.
Our fees for these services:
Establishing a viable energy co-operative is a complex and time-consuming enterprise. A lot of crucial preparatory work must be done legally, and within your locality and the wider community. Many co-operatives become bogged-down in this work and fail to reach their full potential or worse they collapse, creating significant local ill-will. ECI with it’s partners in ICOS and RESCOOP will assist you in establishing your co-op efficiently, putting it on a firm foundation, and giving it access to an EU-wide network of successful co-operatives in the sector.
Fees for our services range from a once off fee of €850 for an associate membership that includes full establishment, ICOS support, RESCOOP membership and registration on our network – further services incur additional fees.
Contact us at: 0866784063
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.