ECI is the leading renewable energy co-op body in Ireland. It has facilitated the establishment of five co-ops in Ireland binging them through each stage of their development putting them on a firm foundation, and giving it access to an EU-wide network of successful co-operatives in the sector.
ECI supports community based renewable energy co-operatives at every stage of their development*.
- Facilitate community focused meetings and help forge relationships integral to the future success of the co-operative
- Guidance on the legal process of setting up a legal co-operative structure
- Advice on dealings with state agencies, the SEAI, local authorities, the Departments of Environment, Community and Local Government and of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources and other relevant organisations
- Public relations and communications advice in dealing with local and national stake-holders (media, community, council officials)
- Assistance in negotiations with local and national level policy makers
- Representation in negotiations with third party developers
- Professional and technical services at all stages of renewable energy project development from feasibility through planning and acquisition to completion stages
- Business & financial planning on renewable energy technologies best suited to your community
- Finance acquisition for energy generation and conservation projects including social finance providers, grant giving organisations and innovative fund raising models
- Access to our EU-wide network of co-operatives where they can learn from best practice examples
- Access to our rapidly growing network of Irish renewable energy co-operatives
- ongoing support and advice in the governance and management of your co-operative once its supported
*ECI charges fees for each of these services.
After a period of no more than six months, to activate full REScoop membership, ECI supported community co-operatives are required to establish an ICOS affiliated co-operative (ICOS fees discussed below), and to take an affiliate membership of Irish REScoop (€140).